Subject: Using Pointers
Author:  <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com> at INET_WACO
Date:    11/19/99 6:13 PM

We have a file with 9 record types that we get from a client.
I have an external description for each record type, but I have
the file internally defined and each of the external definitions
brought in as an external data structure, so when a record is
read I just move the whole record to the appropriate data
structure.

I am now having to add 4 arrays to one of the record types because
the client is adding some information, now the array elements are
not contiguous and since a field cannot be in more than one data
structure I would like to be able to use pointers to the fields
in the data structure to create or make up the fields for the run
time arrays.

I am currently loading the arrays via the input specs, but I would
like to be able to just point to the data that is already in the
record type data structure.

TIA,

Billy