  • Subject: Re: ASC-Sequel
  • From: "Jack Mullins" <jmullins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 14:00:18 -0600

Ron:

We use Sequel extensively here at Sun.  We do all of what you have mentioned
and more with the product and it does an extremely nice job.  In fact, we
have literally become dependant on Sequel; it has been integrated into so
many of our daily operations that we couldn't function without it.  Also, we
have always received excellent support from ASC.  I don't have any
experience with any of their competitors but I would bet that Sequel would
be hard to beat, I don't think you will be disappointed.

73,

Jack Mullins
Sunergoline
P.O. Box 2026
Jonesboro, AR 72402
http://www.sunergoline.com
jackm@sundash.com

Hi All,

We are looking at using outfiles instead of printfiles for a lot of our
reports.  We are leaning towards using ASC-Sequel report writer.  Has anyone
had experiences good or bad with their product?  Many of the reports we want
to write will need to use promptable parms to generate the reports,  some of
these parms will come from our programs and then call the Sequel product
through a batch or other command.

Also many of the outfiles will also be accessed from PCs for mail merges.

Any thoughts, comments, or suggestions.

TIA
Ron Klein