  • Subject: RE: CGI Fact Finding Mission (Need Input)
  • From: "York, Albert" <albert.york@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:06:38 -0800

The way we handle keeping track of a session is to write the data to a work
file. The record is keyed by a 6 digit number which is inserted into the
HTML form as a hidden input field (<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="SessionKey"
VALUE="107314">). When the user submits the form the key is passed as input
to the CGI program, which uses it to retrieve the session data and continue.