  • Subject: RE: Unix Tape on AS/400
  • From: "Brendan Bispham" <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 14:46:57 -0000

I'm assuming that if you get the data to a PC you can extract it?

If that's the case, then how you get the data from the tape depends on how
the data is saved.  I would guess that if you do a DSPTAP you dont get a
standard label - in which case you can CPYFRMTAP with *NL (non-labelled).
Actually I'm guessing here - you might need NS or something else - see the
OVRTAPF for labelling options.
If you have a problems, DMPTAP will reveal exactly what is on the tape, and
even (in exceptional circumstances) provide a spooled file of the bytes
which can be converted to a physical file.

Brendan Bispham

Black and Blue Software Engineering
http://www.black-and-blue.com