  • Subject: Re: Future of AS/400
  • From: email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (James W Kilgore)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:45:54 -0800

Voyager,

You little trouble maker <g>

Aside from the annual predictions, you want "real" future for the
AS/400!

Get real, not here.

On this list you will find people who believe in, and love, the AS/400,
yet they are not privy to what big blue intends to do.  They can only
guess. But you don't want guesses.

You will find installations with a their wish list. But you don't want
wishes.

There are lurkers that could tell you the future, but they are
contractually bound not to speak.

You will probably get a whole bunch of text from the "publish or perish"
authors that are under the illusion that they "know" what might happen
next. (They work for 1-400-psychic <g>)

Their track record is miserable, and if you spend enough time listening
they start to sound like nails on the chalk board.

Unless you have an inside track to big blue, all you will get on this
list, or any other "outside" source is a whole lot of lip flapping.
Might make good copy.

Have fun.  Get some good quotes.  Name names.

The first amendment guarantees freedom of speech.  It's the only way to
identify the idiots. <VBG>