  • Subject: RE: AS/400 on alt.hacker
  • From: Chris Bipes <ChrisB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:51:17 -0700

Capturing user ids and passwords is very easy.  You have to worry about
someone on your LAN.  For internet access, your ISPs LAN or your corporate
ISPs LAN.  They can also be captured on the LANs between your ISP and your
corporate ISP.  If your employees use large reputable ISPs you should have
no problem.  It is those little ISPs run out of a garage that have me
worried.  Try a TRACERT from your home to your company and see how many
hops, (LANs), you go through.  I get from Santa Rosa to Rohnert Park via LA.

Christopher K. Bipes    mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst  mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.        http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive   Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928  Fax: 707 586-1884

*Note to Recruiters
I nor anyone that I know of is interested in any new and/or exciting
positions. Please do not contact me.