• Subject: RE: Using PERL On The HTTP Web Server
  • From: "Barry Smith" <bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:32:59 -0400

The main question I have at this point is what the directives for the HTTP
config file should be.

My web site that I ported over to the AS/400 is located in directory

The web site is currently running on our ISP's server which is an Apache server.

There is a directory located under this directory called CGI-BIN WHICH HAS THE
.CGI files with the PERL scripts.

I already have the PASS statement
Pass /*  /QIBM/ProdData/HTTP/Public/HTTPSVR/HTML/800hershey/* in the CONFIG file

The web site is working fine otherwise.  I just have problems with the pages
that reference the PERL scripts.

The MAP and EXEC statements that I need are a mystery.

I downloaded the PERL 5.003 from
I followed the instructions on installing it.  There is a PERL.PGM CL program in
the QGPL library.

Any help with getting this up and running on our AS/400 would be GREATLY

David Gibbs <David.Gibbs@IL.US.MKS.com> on 05/27/99 11:18:36 AM