Re: PC Front-ends to AS/400 data

fixed

Exactly Nina.  I way, way underestimated the value of a central point of
control for version levels, software support, security issues, and data
repositories.  I also underestimated the permutations available to muck up
an application when you have to deal with several versions of Windows 95,
a version of Windows 98, and 2 or more versions of Windows NT.

Add in the problems of applications being physically distant and not being
easy to manage or update and I quickly came to understand that a
client/server application with 300 screens would become a nightmare if in
fact a full installation could ever even be accomplished in a reasonable
amount of time.

I am still excited about client/server because it is so effective for the
user, but it is not an easy solution.