Bob Luebbe wrote:
> Supposedly there are over 500,000 AS/400s installed around the world.
> Is there a document on the internet that verifies this number.  Also, it
> would be nice to see a count of AS/400 installations by U.S. state and by
> foreign country.

This is the stuff legends are made from: 500,000 is a widely published
number.. I don't think "ANYBODY" really knows an actual number including
the folks who built them. I saw numbers years ago that said that there
were more 400's in Europe than the U.S.!!! So who knows ??? IBM web
throw that 500,000 number around but does that count the old ones, plus
new or is that a manufactured number ??? You want it by state ??? Good
luck.... By the way... A better question is How Many 400 Users ???? That
has to be a VERY large number... NT networks are one thing but 400's
several hundred users are not unusual at all... I know of one 400 with
2,000 users,soooooo good luck of finding a "real" number.