• Subject: Re: "RPG isn't cool" (was: Re: IBM Secret)
  • From: "R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr." <rbruceh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 18:01:04 -0400

Schenck, Don wrote:
> COBOL, when WELL WRITTEN, is elegant and -- if I may say so, I'm such a nerd
> for saying this -- beautiful. The Laetitia Casta of Languages.
> Done poorly, it's the Phyllis Diller of Languages.

That goes for *ANY* language.

The primary point is that if you SPELL IT OUT, it is going to be

If you indent it, it is going to be clearer still.

If you document it, it is going to be crystal...

Until another programmer gets their hands on it.  ;-)

R. Bruce Hoffman, Jr.
 -- IBM Certified AS/400 Professional System Administrator
 -- IBM Certified AS/400 Professional Network Administrator

"The sum of all human knowledge is a fixed constant.
    It's the population that keeps growing!"