RE: "RPG isn't cool" (was: Re: IBM Secret)

  • Subject: RE: "RPG isn't cool" (was: Re: IBM Secret)
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 08:20:22 -0500

fixed

CGI programming is a method used to create dynamic web pages.  With the APIs
supplied on V3R2, V3R7 and up, RPG can be used as a CGI programming
language.  The same way that you can use Perl, Visual Basic, or Java for CGI
programming, RPG or COBOL can be used on the AS/400 for CGI programming.

I did a two-part series on this in the April and May 1999 issues of Midrange
Computing...  Check them out.  :)

Bradley V. Stone
Taylor Corporation - OASIS Programmer/Analyst
bvstone@taylorcorp.com

+---