>My program 'ProgramA' could be invoked from anywhere.  When 'ProgramA is
called, I
>need to know where to find all of the rest of the parts of the application
(files,
>commands, other programs, etc.).  I know that all of these other objects
are stored
>in the same library as the current invokation of ProgramA, so.... if I could
>dynamically determine what library ProgramA is in, I'd know where to find
the rest
>of the application,
>
>This information is readily available in RPG, but I forget the CL trick to
make it
>appear.

Presuming you have multiple programs of the same name in differnt
libraries, 2 possible answers spring to mind depending on how you are
executing the program.

First a RTVOBJD can return an "actual library parameter" (I forget the
precise name) to allow identification of the objects library for those
instances where you use *LIBL as the objects library. Presuming the program
library is in the library list this ought to give you the library that the
other bits need.

A second option (way out in left field) might be to create a command for
each of the programs (stored in the same library as the program) and
specify a product library in the command definition pointing to the library
it is meant to run in. This might be more useful if you are using qualified
calls as I could see how a qualified call and RTVOBJD would not return you
what you want. I haven't tried this exactly, but it may do the trick.

Then again, I guess it's kind of a hard coding process *grin*

Cheers, and good luck, this is kind of an interesting question.

Evan Harris