  • Subject: Re: VAX FTP to AS/400 (via NT) with packed f
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 13:32:00 -0500

Since you get one or the other part corrupted when you change conversions then
we can probably assume that the file is looking okay on your NT Server.
If you are in doubt then browse the file on your NT server with some utility.
CCSID seems to be pretty important.  Try doing a DSPFD on the file and seeing
what the CCSID is.
When I transfer a file using Client Access there is an option (File,
properties), where you tell it to translate CCSID 65535.  This one has bitten
me several times.

clarke@teri.org on 03/09/99 01:07:40 PM
Please respond to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com@Internet