• Subject: Re: DDM remote system, library, file
  • From: Buck Calabro/commsoft<mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:26:30 -0500

On 02/15/99 03:04:04 PM "Bob Luebbe"  wrote:

>We want to retrieve the remote system name, library and file name from a
DDM
>file within an RPG program.  It appears that the "Retrieve Database File
>Description (QDBRTVFD)" api does not return that information.  Is there
another
>API that will give us that information or a system table that holds it?

I couldn't find an API that would clearly give you what you're looking for,
although Retrieve member description *might* do what you're after.  btw,
you can't get that info from the INFDS during runtime, either.  If you find
something that works for you would you post the answer?  Thanks!

Buck Calabro
CommSoft, Albany, NY
mailto:mcalabro@commsoft.net
+---