George:

I've found that the best way to debug an SQLRPGLE program is to put it into
debug (in batch if necessary) and simply examine the job log. If there are
any SQL errors, they will show in the joblog. Many people code without any
exception handling (WHENEVER clause, or special handling procedure). All
they do is test SQLCOD for non-zero and drop out if the SQL statement issues
such a code anticipating value 100 for end of file: this can produce
normally ending programs which actually have SQL errors.

If it's not the SQL, then your stuck with line-by-line debugging.

Chris Jewell