  • Subject: Re: NT sales don't doesn't matter
  • From: HAVEAJOB@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 16:33:39 EST

In a message dated 12/2/98 3:12:01 PM Central Standard Time, eric.delong@pmsi-
services.com writes:

<<
      Soapbox(*on) Rantmode(*engaged)
      IMO, MS marketing has done a wonderful job of deflecting awareness
      of their product deficiencies. However, the only way that MS can
      keep this up is to not allow the masses of technically challenged,
      financially lucrative end users hear otherwise. Who else can get
      people to PAY to be beta users? Who else can sell an OS with over
      3,000 documented bugs, fix about 25% of the bugs and sell the
      upgrade as a "new OS". What ever happened to fixing the product
      that I already paid for?

      As a programmer, I couldn't expect to keep a job if I told my
      employers "sure, my system has a lot of bugs, some of which may
      cause the computer to spontaneously lock up or reboot without any
      warning, causing unexpected downtime and loss of revenue. But soon,
      you can pay me for a new version with completely different set of
      bugs that will make my old garbage obsolete. "

      eric.delong@pmsi-services.com >>

Kind of reminds me of a former client that was a medium sized consulting
group, since "taken over by new management".  In a bout of goodwill to their
employees, they instituted a year-end bonus program.  Among the criteria was
successfully documenting and fixing "bugs"in programming output they
produced...the following year they experienced about a ten-fold increase.

Duh!

Dave Brown
Search Professionals, Inc.
888-917-1112