  • Subject: RE: Reclaiming Delete Record Space....
  • From: Joe Giusto <JGiusto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:02:48 -0400

Yes, that makes sense.  I usually copy FROMREC(1) when making copies of
files (like before running a major update procedure) instead of
CRTDUPOBJ.  This gives me an exact picture of the way the from file was
organized.  I have also noticed (at least back from my SYS38 days where
I picked up this habit)  that the copy works quicker.

Thanks,

Joe Giusto II
Patuxent Publishing Company
mailto:JGiusto@patuxent.com