  • Subject: RE: FTP file transfer from a CL Pgm
  • From: "Graziano, Marie" <mgraziano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:56:03 -0500

Hope this helps you.  We use it to FTP at night and then next morning we
have an RPG program check the output to see if there were any errors.

Mgraziano@badgermeter.com <mailto:Mgraziano@badgermeter.com>

AUTHOR: MARIE E GRAZIANO

THE PROGRAM USES A TEXT FILE IN A LIBRARY FOR THE FTP COMMANDS
  THE JOBMSGS FILE WILL HAVE THE ACTUAL COMMANDS SENT AND THE
  INTERACTIVE RESPONSES.  CHECK THE OUT FILE FOR ERRORS
  IF YOU NEED TO AUDIT THE TRANSFERS

          PGM
          OVRDBF     FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LIBRARY/QTXTSRC) +
                       MBR(PRGRCMDS)
          OVRDBF     FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(LIBRARY/QTXTSRC) +
                       MBR(PRGRMSGS)
          FTP        RMTSYS(hostname)

          ENDPGM

Text file contains the userid and password on the first line.  Example
is userid Marie and password testing.  Then the next line has ftp
commands like binary etc.  The next line is the actual Get or Put.  And
then the quit.

TEXT FILE CALLED PRGRCMDS

Marie Testing
binary
get X----------------X  **Follow the get command format here
quit

Text output file that will contain the output from the FTP.  What this
contains is what you would see on the interactive FTP.

Test file called    PRGRMSGS

Enter login ID (userid):
331 Enter password.
230 Marie logged on.
250  Now using naming format "0".
257 "QGPL" is current library.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
> binary
200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
Enter an FTP subcommand.
*       put Library/file library/file
*
*