Heading for new pastures

  • Subject: Heading for new pastures
  • From: Jon Paris <paris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 01:53:31 -0400

fixed

Figured it was about time that I let you folks out there in Midrange land know
that before long my participation on this list will be as a "civilian".

I'll be leaving IBM officially on August 21st, but because of vacation etc. my
last day in the office will probably be August 10th.  I have every intention of
continuing to be an active member of Midrange-L - but you can expect a _lot_
more questions from me !!!  In many areas such as TCP/IP etc. I have a lot of
catching up to do.

I'm joining my ex-boss Jack Vanos in starting the North American operation of
Hal (the Italian software house who build IBM's Y2K tools).  Initial focus will
be on training etc. in the use of those tools, but I also want to do more in
the RPG IV, ILE, VARPG, Java, etc. education area, including mentoring.

Jon Paris - AS/400 AD Market Support - paris@ca.ibm.com
Phone: (416) 448-4019   -   Fax: (416) 448-4414
+---