Pete,

Actually, what I had suggested is that there be a fee for the expo.  Most
of the expo's that I attend here in DC (and we've got LOTS of them....but
NONE with AS/400's, yet) you have to reg for the conference and in alot of
situations pay a expo admit fee of $20-35....but that $350'ish was just
too outrageous...and you should have your expo only pass good for day 0.

Toys:  Uh, frankly, that was one thing that was really lacking at the last
expo in NOLA...there were a few t-shirts, red lobsters, mug or 2, lots of
chocolate, but not the goodies that I saw in San Anton or Vegas...

Speaking of expo goodies...how about awards for expo presentors?  Awards
that come to mind:  Best coffee mug, best t-shirt, best executive
passifier, Most technically knowledgeable about thier product and
industry, Best booth, best bimbos, best gimmick, best hospitality
suite(yes they do exist and don't howl at me about the bylaws), most
friendly, least obnoxious high pressure sales pitch.....   Obviousely,
there would be 2nd, 3rd and honorable mention....

Don in DC metro