  • Subject: RE: Fax from the AS/400 Software
  • From: Bob Crothers <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:08:27 -0000

Don,

Discalimer: My employer, Cornerstone Communications, both Develops and
Markets Fax Server/401.

Quadrant does make a great product.  No question there.  That is why
they are our number 1 competitor.  And we also make a great product.

My issue was with your statement "we've all basically decided that the
xxxxx product is far superior".  And wanting Midrange to post a FAQ
saying that "look no place else...buy xxxx".   This did not leave much
room for competition. And competition is good.  Quadrant makes us
constantly improve our product, and we (Cornerstone Communications)
make Quadrant improve theirs.  And you the consumer is who wins.

Regarding your statement "just didn't hear too many fs/401 users
echo'ing that they were using 401 and recomending it...other than
you....", I believe that in the first 6 hours or so after the original
post I saw 2 messages for Fax Server/401 and only 1 for Quadrant.
 This was followed by several for Fax/400.

And yes,  Fax Server/401 not only allows more than 1 splf in a
transmission, but our "send bundling" will combine all fax's of any
type to a single phone number into one single transmission.  Even if
one is an *SCS splf, another is *AFPDS splf, another is an image
(catalogue, marketing literature, spec sheets, etc), one is a quick
note and one is a WordPerfect or other windows document.  They will
all be combined and sent as one fax transmission....with or without
their own separate cover pages.  This not only significantly increases
overall throughput, but also reduces transmission time (and phone
costs).

You also make mention to >>OUR???????????  You selling this??<<

Yes.  As my signature line in my post to you makes fairly clear and
the first thing out of my fingers on my post to Marc (the original
poster) makes extremely clear.

And when you have the time, we'd love to sell you a copy!  Or at least
let you know what we can & can not do.

Hopefully I have not offended you.  I sure am not meaning to and
apologize if I have.

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications, LLC