  • Subject: Re: ACOM
  • From: "Michael Kenney" <kenney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 09:26:04 -0400

Have you considered writting you own CL to initiate the ACOM forms . We
have been printing our checks and Purchase orders with an exit to to a CL
program which calls the ACOM "PRC5311"  program directly. Its is pretty
easy to do (see appendix B of the Quick Check 400 User guide).  You may
contact me directly if you have any comments or questions.

> I am hoping someone out there is familiar with ACOM software.  We
purchased
> this to create overlays and get rid of preprinted forms.  It is nice in
the
> fact that it allows us to import a spool file and then you can rearrange
> the fields to how you would like, no code modifications to the RPG
> software.  However we are having trouble with auto printing reports.  It
is
> set up that it assumes the report you are sending thru is the last
> spoolfile in the output queue,  however our invoices are created the
night
> before, and then our credit department prints them out in the morning.
If
> we set up an output queue for every report that we want to send thru ACOM
> this could be handled, this is not really an option we want to do.
> Especially since we have an optical retrieval system RDARS that user can
> reprint reports from and they would need to know the acom outq to send it
> to for each report, this may get quite extensive as the number of reports
> we send through ACOM increases.  Right now we have 5 reports that the
user
> can reprint thru RDARS, so that is 5 outqs in order for it to use ACOM.
If
> anyone knows of a way around this, or possibly how to read an outq and
> determine the name and number of the spoolfile so the appropriat ACOM
print
> could be called.  This would be a lot of hard coding in a CL but we are
> grasping for some kind of solution.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Michael Kenney
University of Windsor
Windsor  ON   N9B 3P4