  • Subject: Re: Re[2]: RPG TALENT--Global issue
  • From: HAVEAJOB@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 12:12:23 EDT

In a message dated 05/28/1998 10:40:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
ericadelong@pmsc.com writes:

<<
 Why is everyone so sure that the talent pool for AS400 is diminishing? Like
 everything else, when PC programmers are falling all over themselves
competing
 with forty other applicants for a single programming position that pays
barely
 over minimum wage, there's going to be a steady migration toward other
systems,
 such as the as400.

 Eric A DeLong
 ericadelong@pmsc.com >>

I don't think it's so much of a diminishing talent pool but one that is not
growing as rapidly as industry needs are dictating.  And with general
unemployment so low, and the computer/information industry having greater
needs than the general job market, most PC programmers really don't have to
make migratory moves the way they have in the past.

JMHO,

Dave Brown
haveajob@aol.com