  • Subject: FTP'ing a file from AS400 to UNIX
  • From: bvining@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 98 10:02:06 CDT

Need a bit more information to be able to determine what is going on.
On the AS/400, assuming we are talking about a physical file, do a
DSPFD against the file and determine what the CCSID is.  Also do a
DSPPFM against the file, find a record with the pipe, and then use F10
to view the hex value of the character.

Depending on the CCSID of the file, you should find:

   CCSID  37 - x'4F'
   CCSID 185 - x'4F'
   CCSID 500 - x'BB'
   (for other CCSIDs, see the International Application Development book)

Please let us know what CCSID and code point you find.

I'm not familiar with Oracle, but on the UNIX system please do the
equivalent.  That is, find what code page the Oracle file is supposed
to be in, and what code point is actually being used.  If the code page
is 819 (ISO 8859-1) the pipe should be x'7C' and the & x'26'.

Finally what FTP parameters are being specified, what FTP subcommands,
and what is your jobs CCSID?

Thanks,
Bruce Vining