At 03:55 PM 5/13/1998 +0100, you wrote:
>I am currently planning the installation of a new AS400 (#2180)
>to replace our ageing F35. On our token ring network we have setup
>fixed IP addresses for all PCs and I was wondering if the new AS400 could
>be configured to issue dynamic IP addresses? If so .. how?

As of v4r2, AS/400 has DHCP (and DNS), which allows dynamic address
assignments. And with the named devices support in CA v3r1m3, you don;t
need to depend on a fixed IP address at the IP, as some of us have had to do.

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN  55401-2499
(612) 371-1111 x480