From: owner-midrange-l@midrange.com
[mailto:owner-midrange-l@midrange.com]On Behalf Of Carl Galgano
Sent: 12 May 1998 14:10
To: MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com
Subject: Re: 5494, frame relay, and parms...

Larry's comments are right on.  We have a client doing SNA over frame relay
and we are using Vanguard MP routers (Motorola) and that is exactly what
the Vanguard units do.  The "spoof" (a technical term) the AS400 and the
remote 5494 into thinking SNA frames are being passed from end to end.
They work very well.
Carl

At 10:53 PM 5/10/98 -0400, you wrote:
>mcrump@ballfoster.com wrote:
>>
>> We have 20+ 5494's that we just converted from a private pt to pt
network...

>> To the AS/400 and the 5494's they look like they are attached to a LAN.
We

MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
>> | Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
>david@midrange.com
>> +---
>
>+---
>| To submit a new message, send your mail to MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com.
>| To unsubscribe from this list send email to
MIDRANGE-L-UNSUB@midrange.com.
>| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator:
david@midrange.com
>+---

Carl J. Galgano
http://cgalgano.home.mindspring.com