  • Subject: Re: My token ring network croaked
  • From: Chuck Lewis <CLEWIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 16:45:23 -0400

Eric !

Where/how do you use this ? I see that the ENDJOB command has a field for this
information, but if the system is ending these jobs due to a communications
failure,
how do you handle this ?

We have had the same thing happen. We have had a NIC start beaconing or have
had a
frame realy failure OR the one of the NIC cards in our AS/400 has "burped" and
all
of a sudden we have 400+ Client Access devices in the US and Canada
failing/writing
MASSIVE job logs...

Thanks !

Chuck