  • Subject: RE: Using Subsystems
  • From: "Popeil, Russ" <Russ.Popeil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 06:35:30 -0700

Jack

An approach that I used was to create separate jobq and subsystems for each
branch I had. I ended up with 5 subsystems and jobq's, slightly smaller than
your case. Then to avoid having many  jobs in batch all with the same job
priority I created different Classes for each subsystem. The classes I
created were with differently priorities 45, 46, 47 48 49 Plus the standard
qbatch class with priority 50. I then studied work loads ie one branch was
very large and submitted a lot of work while some were small. I then
assigned classes based on the branch with the most importance. It turned out
that  due  to the way the branches work some east coast and some west that I
had some branches assigned the same class (priority) since it was rare that
work from two branches were active at the same time. I did this for a model
F60 with 192 mg of memory. I guess there is many solutions to your problem
but it depends on knowing your work loads as to which is best for you.

Russ Popeil
Avnet Computer - Integrated Solutions. Bottom-Line Results.
Office: 516-677-9346, Fax: 516-677-0296, Beeper: 516-786-5846
eMail:  Russ.popeil@avnet.com
http://www.ac.avnet.com

                        Jack Mullins