At 09:15 PM 4/4/98 -0500, you wrote:
>> We have a comparative CPW chart that we send out to our customers that
>> shows the power in CPW of every AS/400 model ever made with software tier.
>
>When you say 'our customers' does that include licensees of TAATOOLS?
>If so, I would like to have one once it has been updated with the 170
>info.  Is that possible?

Sorry about that chief.  That's a different business.  We have two
businesses which sell AS/400's.  One sells AS/400s with IBM (i.e.: you
write the check to IBM, we never take title to the equipment, and
theoretically you get to complain to Lou if you think we screw up), Barsa
Consulting, LLC.  The other business is an IR (i.e.:  you write the check
to us, we take title to the equipment, and you can probably still call Lou,
although he has less control). Barsa Systems Distribution, Inc.

The IR business is cut-throat, and their are many unscrupulous IRs.  There
are also many honest ones, but let the buyer beware!

IBM is trying to move as much business from their direct channel to the IR
channel.  This improves IBM's income statement by a tiny bit, and is
another part of their business re-engineering, where they are basically
screwing up their business.  I've been saying this to them for years, and
they aren't listening.  On the other hand I did say that V3R1 should not
have been released (until it was ready), and they didn't listen to that also!

Al

Al Barsa, Jr. - Account for Midrange-L
Barsa Consulting, LLC.
400 > 390