You need the latest Service Pack, SF46059, mentioned in this APAR - or
as a quick fix, if you don't need it removed the USB (Universal Serial
Bus) support (see the PROBLEM SUMMARY section below):

Item SA61653

  APAR Identifier ...... SA61653       Last Changed..98/02/04
  CA400WINOPT-NETDRIVE NETWORK DRIVES FAILS ON OSR2 + OSR2 USB
   MSGCWBNW6101

  Symptom ...... IN INCORROUT         Status ........... CLOSED  UR1
  Severity ................... 3      Date Closed ......... 97/05/12
  Component .......... 5763XD100      Duplicate of ........
  Reported Release ......... 311      Fixed Release ............ 999
  Component Name 5763 CA400 WIN       Special Notice
  Current Target Date ..97/04/30      Flags
  SCP ...................
  Platform ............

  Status Detail: APARCLOSURE - APAR is being closed.

  PE PTF List:

  PTF List:
  Release 311   : No PTF planned
  Release 312   : SF46059 available 98/02/04 (1000 )

  Parent APAR:
  Child APAR list:

  ERROR DESCRIPTION:
   See SA59340.  SA59340 only fixed the problem on Windows 95
   retail version 4.00.950a.  Under the OEM Service Release 2
   (OSR2) version of windows 95, the error will still occur.

   The message
       CWBIFS.VXD cannot fix RESUMETHREAD()
   will be reported in the Client Access history log.

   OSR2 will show version 4.00.950b.  Right click "My Computer"
   and select properties to display the windows 95 version.

  LOCAL FIX:

  PROBLEM SUMMARY:
  Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2) is an OEM
  Service Release of Windows 95.  Currently, there is no retail
  version of Windows 95 OSR2 available.  It is available from some
  PC Manufacturers who preload it on the new PCs they sell to the
  public.

  An OSR2 Version of Windows 95 can be identified by checking the
  properties of "My Computer" for "4.00.950 B" or checking for the
  version "4.00.1111" at a MS-DOS prompt.

  OSR2 may have the Universal Serial Bus (USB) Supplement
  installed.  This can be verified by selecting "Add/Remove
  Programs" in the Control Panel and checking if "USB Supplement
  to OSR2" is displayed.

  Problems have been found with Network Drives on OSR2 and OSR2
  with USB, pertaining to some applications that use the Windows
  ResumeThread() and SuspendThread() functions.  Also, Network
  Drives fails to run on OSR2 with the USB Supplement installed.
  The message "CWBNW6101 - Unable to start Network Drives" is
  displayed.

  PROBLEM CONCLUSION:

  TEMPORARY FIX:

  COMMENTS:
  This PTF fixes the reported problem.  Network
  drive functions now work with all versions
  of windows 95, including OSR2 and OSR2 with
  USB support.

  MODULES/MACROS:

  SRLS:

  RTN CODES:

  CIRCUMVENTION:
  None.

  CA400PIN

  MESSAGE TO SUBMITTER:

MESSAGE TO SUBMITTER:

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com