  • Subject: re: dates
  • From: boothm@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 98 14:47:58 -0500

Someone on here asked about dates, with three items on his list.  I tried
sending this direct but it bounced.  In any event, for what it's worth,
you mentioned a date engine.

I wrote a "black box" for my use, in RPGLE.  It can be called with PARMs:

a) the date PARM to test/convert,

b) the format PARM of the date being sent to the program,

c) with a  6 or 8 column date PARM returned and

d) a 10 column date PARM returned.

e) b) the format PARM for  the returned date parms needed by the calling
program.

The 6-digit dates in and out would need to fall in the IBM window of
1940-2039, but alll other formats will form correctly for all years.
There also is an Error Parm in the event a date isn't valid.  I believe it
would  to all that you would desire, and it is simple enough to fit on one
page.  Once you look it over I suspect you would want to rewrite it for
your standards, but it is there and available for your use.

Look on    http://www.spy.net/~booth/datebox.htm

I won't apologise for not being a html expert; hell, I'm not even expert
with RPG but if it gives you a useful idea, great. I hope you can use it.