        From:   Mark Lazarus [SMTP:mlazarus@ttec.com]
        Sent:   Thursday, March 12, 1998 7:01 AM
        To:     Neil Palmer
        Subject:        RE: *M36 passthru config

        Neil,

        At 10:18 PM 3/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
        >AS/400
        >------
        >                        Display Controller Description

         Thanks.

        >Let me know if you need ODF/SNADS info.

         If it's not too much trouble...

         -mark

OK - this may not be exactly a complete SNADS/ODF36 setup (no guarantees
I didn't miss something) , but you should be able to bluff your way
after this.  I've simplified my setup (which used a combination of modes
#BATCH, #INTER and BLANK/*BLANK (BLANK on the AS/400 is *BLANK on the
S/36) to use just *BLANK.

AS/400

CFGDSTSRV #1

                     Display Details of Distribution Queue

Queue . . . . . . . . . . . :   NXT36A
Queue type  . . . . . . . . :   *SNADS
Remote location name  . . . :   NXT36A
Mode  . . . . . . . . . . . :   BLANK
Remote net ID . . . . . . . :   *LOC
Local location name . . . . :   *LOC
Normal priority:
  Send time:
    From/To . . . . . . . . :     :        :
    Force . . . . . . . . . :     :
  Send depth  . . . . . . . :     1
High priority:
  Send time:
    From/To . . . . . . . . :     :        :
    Force . . . . . . . . . :     :
  Send depth  . . . . . . . :     1
 Number of retries . . . . . :   9999
Number of minutes
  between retries . . . . . :     10
To ignore time/depth values
  while receiving:
  Send queue  . . . . . . . :   Y                  Y=Yes, N=No

CFGDSTSRV # 2

                    Display Details of Routing Table Entry

 Destination system
   name/Group . . . . . :   NXT36A
 Description  . . . . . :   SSLTD400 *M36 NXT36A
 Service level:
   Fast:
     Queue name . . . . :   NXT36A
     Maximum hops . . . :   *DFT
     Maximum hops . . . :   *DFT
   Data high:
     Queue name . . . . :   NXT36A
     Maximum hops . . . :   *DFT
   Data low:
     Queue name . . . . :   NXT36A
     Maximum hops . . . :   *DFT

WRKDIRE

                        Display Directory Entry Details

 User ID/Address . . . . :   *ANY      NXT36A
 Description . . . . . . :   Any userid on *M36 NXT36A
 System name/Group . . . :   NXT36A
 User profile  . . . . . :
 Network user ID . . . . :   *ANY     NXT36A

 Name:
   Last  . . . . . . . . :   Any userid on *M36 NXT36A
   First . . . . . . . . :
   Middle  . . . . . . . :
   Preferred . . . . . . :
   Full  . . . . . . . . :   Any userid on *M36 NXT36A

M36

Menu ODF36, #8

COMMAND                          ODF/36

                  Use Object Distribution Facility/36

 Select one of the following:

  1. Send an object
  2. Work with arrived objects
  3. Work with messages
  4. Perform daily operations
  5. Work with directory
  6. Work with lists
  7. Work with profiles
  8. Set up or maintain ODF/36 functions

 COMMAND                            ODFMNT

          Set up or maintain Object Distribution Facility/36 functions

 Select one of the following:

    1. Set up ODF/36 support files and folders
    2. Maintain system defaults for ODF/36
    3. Set up PS/36 (SNA/DS) support files and folders
    4. Maintain system defaults for PS/36 (SNA/DS)
    5  Maintain PS/36 (SNA/DS) communication queues
    6. Maintain communications routes
    7. Maintain remote destinations

Basically run through the menus.

Here are some sample default & profile screens I used:

                            MAINTAIN ODF/36 DEFAULTS
 These values apply to everyone using ODF/36 on your System/36.

 Type choices, press Enter

 ITEM                                  CHOICE   POSSIBLE CHOICES

 System values:
   Object purge interval in days . . . 031      Maximum (10-180)
   Restrict ODFPROF procedure. . . . . 1        1=Yes 2=No

 User values:
   Automatically submit jobs?. . . . . 3        1=Yes 2=No 3=Match
   Automatically print spool files?. . 1        1=Yes 2=No
     Printer ID. . . . . . . . . . . . SYSTEM   ID, SYSTEM
     Forms . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0001
     Copies. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 001      1-255
     Priority. . . . . . . . . . . . . 2        0-5
   Object arrival message?     . . . . 1        1=Yes 2=No

                         MAINTAIN DISTRIBUTION DEFAULTS

 These values apply to everyone using distribution function on your
S/36.
 Type choices, press Enter.

  ITEM                    CHOICE     POSSIBLE CHOICES

  System-wide values:

    Address  . . . . . .  NXT36A     Used for distribution

    System   . . . . . .  NXT36A     System name

    Distribution . . . .  1          1=Normal     2=Expedite

                  MAINTAIN COMMUNICATIONS QUEUE DEFINITIONS         All

Type an option and press Enter, or use Cmd5 to add definitions

         REMOTE     SESSION     SEND    SEND-      RETRY     PURGE
 OPTION  LOCATION   GROUP       LENGTH  RECEIVE    INTERVAL  INTERVAL
         SSLTD400   *BLANK      01      YES        0010      0000

                    CHANGE COMMUNICATIONS QUEUE DEFINITION
 Remote Location        SSLTD400
   Session Group        *BLANK

Type choices, press Enter

 ITEM                   CHOICE    POSSIBLE CHOICES

 Send length . . . . .  01        To start transmission (0, 1-99)

 Send while
 receiving . . . . . .  1         1=Yes  2=No

 Retry interval  . . .  0010      Minutes (1-9999)

 Purge interval  . . .  0000      Hours (0, 1-9999)

                        MAINTAIN COMMUNICATIONS ROUTES              All

Type an option and press Enter, or use Cmd5 to add routes

                     QUEUE    REMOTE       SESSION
 OPTION   SYSTEM    PRIORITY  LOCATION     GROUP
          SSLTD400     2      SSLTD400     *BLANK
                       1      SSLTD400     *BLANK
                       0      SSLTD400     *BLANK

                        MAINTAIN REMOTE DESTINATIONS

To reposition list, type value and press Enter.

 Position list to . . .            Starting character(s) of ADDRESS

                              LIST OF REMOTE DESTINATIONS           All

Type option and press Enter, or use Cmd5 to add remote destinations.

                                                           VM
LIBRARY
OPTION  ADDRESS   SYSTEM    DESCRIPTION                    PROFS
SERVICES
        SSLTD400  SSLTD400  Toronto AS/400 S10 "SSLTD400"  NO     NO

                          CHANGE REMOTE DESTINATION

Address      SSLTD400

Type choices, press Enter.

 ITEM                         CHOICE       POSSIBLE CHOICES

 System . . . . . . . . . . . SSLTD400

 Description  . . . . . . . . Toronto AS/400 S10 "SSLTD400"

 VM PROFS . . . . . . . . . . 2            1=Yes  2=No

   Distribution Manager . . .              PROFS Distribution Manager
name

 Library services . . . . . . 2            1=Yes  2=No

Directory           VIEW OR MAINTAIN NAMES SORTED BY USER ID

To reposition list, type value and press Enter

 Position list to . . .            Starting character(s) of USER ID

                             LIST OF DIRECTORY ENTRIES              All

Type an option and press ENTER, or use Cmd5 to add entries

                                                               AREA

 OPTION USER ID  ADDRESS   NAME                                CODE
NUMBER
        NEIL               Neil Palmer - NXT36A (local)
        PALMER   SSLTD400  Neil Palmer - SSLTD400

                          VIEW DIRECTORY ENTRY DETAILS

 User ID                               NEIL

 Address

 Mailing Name                          Neil Palmer - NXT36A (local)

   Address line 1                      *M36 NXT36A

   Address line 2                      NxTrend Technology - Canada

   Address line 3

   Address line 4

 Name on alphabetic list               NEIL PALMER (LOCAL)

 Company employee                      YES

 Receive distributions                 YES

 Telephone

   Country                             1

   Area or city code                   999

   Telephone number                    5551212

   Extension                           238

   Alternate number

 Location

 Department

 System name

                         VIEW DIRECTORY ENTRY DETAILS

User ID                               PALMER
Address                               SSLTD400
Mailing Name                          Neil Palmer - SSLTD400
  Address line 1                      AS/400 "SSLTD400"
  Address line 2                      NxTrend Technology - Canada
  Address line 3
  Address line 4
Name on alphabetic list               NEIL PALMER
Company employee                      YES
Receive distributions                 NO
Telephone
  Country                             1
  Area or city code                   999
  Telephone number                    5551212
  Extension                           238
  Alternate number
Location
Department
System name                           SSLTD400

                         Work with ODF/36 profiles
 Type choice, press Enter.
  Item                                Choice     Possible choices
  User ID  . . . . . . . . . . . . .  NEIL
  Automatically submit jobs? . . . .  1          1=Yes 2=No 3=Match
  Arrived objects procedure name . .
  Library name . . . . . . . . . . .
  Run arrival procedure? . . . . . .  2          1=Yes 2=No
  Automatically print spool files? .  1          1=Yes 2=No
  Printer ID . . . . . . . . . . . .  SYSTEM     ID, SYSTEM
  Forms  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  0001
  Copies . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  001        1-255
  Priority . . . . . . . . . . . . .  2          0-5
  Object arrival message?  . . . . .  1          1=Yes 2=No

And don't forget this for STRPASTHR/PASSTHRU if you have password
security active on the S/36 side (the password IS blank, ie don't enter
one:

                                 SECEDIT USERID
W3

Optional-*
           Edit the user profiles in the user identification file

     Mode: Browse or Update - Key in changes and press Enter

User ID  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   *NULL

Password . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Security classification  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . M,S,O,C,D   D

Service aid authority ?  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Y,N   N

Badge number . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 00000000-99999999
*
Comment  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   AS/400 PASSTHRU
*

I changed the #STRTUP2 proc in the M36 to startup all this stuff:

* #STRTUP2 *  NON-DEDICATED STARTUP PROC RUN AT IPL
*
* IPL ODF/36
ODFIPL,#LIBRARY
*
* START ODF/36 BACKGROUND TASKS
ODFSTART,#LIBRARY
*
* START PS/36 (SNA/DS) BACKGROUND TASKS
OFCCTRL,#LIBRARY RESUME
*
// IFF ENABLED-',SSLTD400' ENABLE ILANSBS,#CNFGLIB,15,NOSHOW,SSLTD400

And my nightly AS/400 backup shuts it down with:

 SBMNETJOB  FILE(QGPL/QCLSRC) TOUSRID((NEIL NXT36A)) +
              MBR(PWROFM36) PTY(*HIGH) /* Submit job to +
              machine NXT36A via SNADS */

Member PWROFM36 on AS/400 in QCLSRC contains:

// PWROFM36

And on M36 procedure PWROFM36 in #LIBRARY contains:

* PWROFM36 *  POWER OFF M36 machine.  Called from SAVALL & SAVNONRES.

*             This is so the M36 will end gracefully with a POWER OFF

*             command before the AS/400 Nightly Backup job SAVNONRES

*             forces the system down with an ENDM36 command.

*             We want the M36 ended for Nightly Backup so the M36 object

*             saved from library M36LIB on AS/400 will be usable for
restore
*             (as it will be inactive when saved).

*             AS/400 Nightly Backup will restart M36 when library M36LIB

*             has been saved.

*

// IFF ?USER?=NEIL RETURN

// MSG ALL,===>>>  WARNING - S/36 Machine will POWER OFF in 2 minutes !!

// WAIT INTERVAL-000130

// MSG ALL,******  FINAL WARNING - S/36 Machine will POWER OFF in 30
seconds !!
ODFCANCL,#LIBRARY

OFCCANCL,#LIBRARY

// WAIT INTERVAL-000030

// POWER OFF

After the AS/400 backup has saved library M36LIB (just the name I chose
for library to contain *M36 objects) I run:

/* V4R1M0 - Restart *M36 NXT36A after library M36LIB saved.          */
             STRM36     M36(M36LIB/NXT36A) APYM36CFG(M36LIB/NXT36A)

             MONMSG     MSGID(CPFACA4) EXEC(DO) /* STRM36 not +
                          allowed because of M36 status. */
             SNDPGMMSG  MSGID(CPF9898) MSGF(QCPFMSG) MSGDTA('>>> +
                          *M36 NXT36A was not in proper status to +
                          save (not shut down).  Signon to NXT36A +
                          and check for messages at console, and in +
                          HISTORY, to determine problem.  Reference +
                          message description for CPFACA4') +
                          TOUSR(*SYSOPR)
             ENDDO

Hope I caught everything !    :-)

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com