• Subject: APPN vs. TCP/IP performance
  • From: Juris Krikis <juris@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:42:12 +0200

My boss is trying to convince me that using SNA/APPN (using NS/Router)
uses way more AS/400 system resources than TCP/IP on V3R7. I am not
buying that so we are having a bit of a "discussion" about the ways to
connect LAN-to-LAN clients in the future.

I would really like to hear your opinions on the subject.

Also, where can I find a network layer diagram with the 7 layers and
things such as LLC, DLC, 802.2, SNA, AnyNet, APPN and APPC in it. Or is
there any other way to find information about what all these really are
online? Seems like a terrible mess to me.

                        Best regards, Juris.