• Subject: RE: CA400 pc5250 problems.
  • From: "Cotes, Steven" <cotess@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:13:31 -0800

doesn't sound like fun.
Are you sure you really un-installed CA.
Before I installed CA v3m1r2 i had to remove the beta.
Unfortunately it had been installed from a temp directory
and the uninstall files were gone. Wound up needing to
hack the registry to get rid of it so I could install the release
version. Your re-install may be skipping steps because it
thinks it should. It might not be replacing a bad exe or dll.

Also, if it helps.
I checked my NT Task Manager while starting and closing
CA sessions. Each time I started an additional session
the memory usage of task PCSCM.EXE went up.

How are you connecting to the 400 ? IP, Netsoft...
Is it still happening to the other person in your group ?
Did their problems start after an un_install, re-install ?
Have you checked for viruses ?

Let us know what happens,
 -Steve Cotes