Re: Sending ESC codes to a HP5 printer

fixed

Hi,

>Use the TRNSPY and CVTDTA DDS keyword and send the command as a hex text
representation of the PCL command. The output queue must use host print
transform. I've got a couple of projects documented on my web site that
demonstrate one way to do it.

Another way - which can be used with internal described PRTF's too - is to
send a string containing x'03<length of code><code>'. Attention: everything
has to be hexadecimal coded - unlike the TRNSPY CVTDTA method where '1B' gets
translated to x'1B' by the machine itself.

Bye, Christian

+---