From: mcsnet!midrange.com!midrange-l-owner@Mcs.Net
[mailto:mcsnet!midrange.com!midrange-l-owner@Mcs.Net]On Behalf Of Bob
Crothers
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 1997 1:42 AM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com'; Walden Leverich
Subject: RE: PL/I on V4R1?

Why do we need C on the AS/400?  Because there is a LOT of
software in the world that is written in C.  Good, Bad or
indifferent, C is much more common than PL1 or even RPG.

Having C on the AS/400 means I can easily take something written
for the Unix or WinNT world in C and port it to the AS/400.  At
least the logic part.  Granted, "easily" is a relative term.  In
this case, it means "a whole lot simpler than translating the C
into RPG or C".

Regards,
Bob Crothers
Cornerstone Communications