Charlie

At 01:28 PM 12/7/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hank Heath wrote:
>
>>Actually, I just tested out Chameleon HostLink 97 (I do not represent this
>>product) for connecting my Internet developers to my AS/400. Worked rather
>>neatly. Does *not* require WFWSG, because it seems to run directly over
>>Telnet. So, all I need is a TCP/IP connection without any of the CA
overhead.
>>The keys are mapped properly, too. I was impressed. Anyone else have
>>experience with this, before I pay for the product?
>>
>You might want to provide some more detail on what you did and how you did
>it.  My guess is many on this list salivate at the prospect of accessing
>their AS/400 from home via the internet.  Of course there is always that
>nuisance issue of security to consider.

I'm one of those salivators. The product I've mentioned several times—IBM's
Host On Demand v2—works great for me in getting to the 400 over an Internet
connection. Good TN5250, and < $200, and 100% Java, would you believe. Go
to <http://www.networking.ibm.com> and follow your nose.

BTW, the Host on Demand bundled with Netscape is v1 and only has TN3270.
Works to AS/400 but not too convenient. But it gives you an idea of the v2
functionality.

Cheers

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 371-1111 x480