  • Subject: TCP/IP & CAw95 configuration troubles
  • From: Christian Zander <100070.2407@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:07:34 -0500

Guillermo,

have you stopped and restarted TCP/IP after changing the parm UPDCKS to
*NO?

If so, I have no idea, what else could be wrong with your configuration.

If you could reach the PCs each other with ping a configuration error in
Win95 seems not to be possible. If you could reach another AS/400 with your
configuration this would be ok too. There is something disturbing when you
start your TCP/IP. You mentioned seeing the message "IPX/SPX not running"
or something like this. I'd say IPX/SPX should not run at all.

If nothing else works, try other IP-adresses. I'm not sure, if your used
adresses are something special with TCP/IP (201.0.0.1 might be a special
adress meaning all or something like this) or your first byte 201 is not
compatible with your subnet mask 255.255.255.0. I remember there were some
restrictions which adresses are represented with which subnet masks.

Wait I actually get another idea. What about the line descriptions?
These are my configuration source for the line:
CRTLINETH LIND(ETHLINE) RSRCNAME(LIN031) ONLINE(*YES) +
         VRYWAIT(*NOWAIT) MAXCTL(40) ADPTADR(42000024C3C3) +
         GRPADR(030000000002) EXCHID(056CB111) ETHSTD(*ALL) +
         SSAP((04 1496 *SNA)(06 1496 *NONSNA)(AA 1496 (DC 1496) +
         THRESHOLD(*OFF) LINKSPEED(10M) COSTCNN(0) COSTBYTE(0) +
         SECURITY(*NONSECURE) PRPDLY(*LAN) USRDFN1(128) +
         USRDFN2(128) USRDFN3(128) AUTOCRTCTL(*YES) +
         AUTODLTCTL(4320) CMNRCYLMT(2 5) +
         TEXT('Ethernet-Leitung für Client/Access')
CRTCTLNET CTLD(ETHLINET) ONLINE(*NO) LINE(ETHLINE) CNNRSPTMR(170) +
         TEXT('DURCH AUTOM. KONFIG. ERSTELLT')
CRTDEVNET DEVD(ETHLITCP) TYPE(*TCPIP) ONLINE(*NO) CTL(ETHLINET) +
         TEXT('DURCH AUTOM. KONFIG. ERSTELLT')

Especially the *NONSNA parms are a must for TCP/IP.

If you could find the solution at last, please post it in the MIDRANGE-L
list for all the other users.

If all those things won't work I have no other idea left :-(.

Adios

Chris
calling from Kassel, Germany