  • Subject: RE: Signon display change
  • From: "Kahn, David" <KAHN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 08:57:39 +0500

Mark,

There's a complete and lucid description of how to do this in the Work
Management Guide. At our current release (V3R2) it's section 4.10
Changing the Sign-On Display File. If you haven't got the book yourself
you can find it at http://as400bks.rochester.ibm.com/.

If anything's still unclear after you've read it up post again with
specific questions and someone'll sort you out pretty soon.

At TCO we have 11 lines of our signon screen mapped from a message file
using the MSGID keyword. This allows us to change the screen on the fly
to make announcements. No-one ever notices them of course. :-)  One
thing I ensure is that there is always one workstation, namely the
console, that has the standard IBM sign-on screen. It's the emergency
trap-door into the system in case things go wrong with the custom one.
It also lets the operator see at a glance which session she's signing on
to at the console to avoid running her regular tasks at RUNPTY(10).

David, is this one for the FAQ?

HTH

Dave Kahn, TCO, Kazakstan
=========