Dennis,

At 10:45 AM 10/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Tim Truax wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I searched my Softcopy books and was unable to find this answer,  any
>> input is appreciated.
>> ============ question =================
>> I have created a very extensive PRTF using RLU to generate a report or
>> fax or both depending on the selections the user makes on the screen.
>> How can I use this one PRTF within the ONE program to generate a fax
>> onto our fax printer server and also a report onto the users outq. My
>> main question is how do I have the one PRTF output to 2 different outq's
>> in the same program?
>> PS) Hope I'm not becoming a pain!
>> --
>> ''''''''''''''''''''
>> :-Tim & Dana Truax-:

>- I would delare 2 PRTF in the RPG program.
>- In the calling CLP, i would use the instruction OVRPRTF to use the
>same printer file twice and to direct the 2 outputs to the correct outq.
>- Doing so, you would have to renamed the record format of the second
>printer file in the RPG program(RPG dont allow duplicate record format
>name)
>- You must remember to do an OVRPRTF of the second printer file before
>compiling the RPG (so the copmpiler can find a PRTF object)
>- In the RPG you would issu a WRITE command to either or both PRTF
>depending on a parameter passed to the program.

Here's a way to do this that does not need the extra CLP or the extra F-spec.
Declare the one PRTF and use UC (user control) on it. Then, to print to one
output, first use QCMDEXC to execute the OVRPRTF, then OPEN the PRTF, then
perform whatever WRITEs, then close it immediately when done with it. To
print to the other, use the same procedure—OVRPRTF, OPEN, WRITE, CLOSE.

Cheers

Vernon Hamberg
Systems Software Programmer
Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
400 Second Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401
(612) 371-1111 x480