IBM has an open APAR on this (SA65672) that dates back to around Sept 11th.
No PTF available yet in a Service Pack, although there is a fix available.
See below:

Item SA65672

  APAR Identifier ...... SA65672       Last Changed..97/09/11
  CA400WINOPT-COMM-NETSOFT NS ROUTER LOG GROWS WITHOUT LIMIT

  Symptom ...... IN INCORROUT         Status ........... CLOSED  PER
  Severity ................... 2      Date Closed ......... 97/06/27
  Component .......... 5763XD100      Duplicate of ........
  Reported Release ......... 312      Fixed Release ............ 999
  Component Name 5763 CA400 WIN       Special Notice
  Current Target Date ..              Flags
  SCP ...................
  Platform ............

  Status Detail: TESTPACKAGING - Packaged solution is being tested.

  PE PTF List:

  PTF List:
  Release 312   : PTF not available yet

  Parent APAR:
  Child APAR list:

  ERROR DESCRIPTION:
  NSCPIC.LOG file appears in root directory without requesting it
  and takes over free space.
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .

  LOCAL FIX:
  A work around to prevent total hard disk utilization is to make
  the NSCPIC.LOG file read only.
  Have customer Delete the file and then start a NS Router
  session, end the session and router.  By doing this the file
  will be recreated.  Using Windows Explorer Right click on the
  NSCPIC.LOG file and go to properties, here change the Attributes
  from ARCHIVE to READ ONLY.  This stops the file from being
  written out to, but allows NS Router to find it.
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .
  .

  PROBLEM SUMMARY:
  NSCPIC.LOG file appears in root directory without requesting it
  and takes over free space.

  PROBLEM CONCLUSION:
  This problem is fixed by applying DIAGAPI.EXE v2.10.0.30.
  Please contact a service representative to receive a copy of
  this fix.  This fix currently is not available in a service
  pack.