Network Config for MS Office97 & AS/400. What is the best way to setup a
network where the user would be using a client copy of Office97 to connect to a
server running an Office97 sever copy. At the same time to use the AS/400 for
document storage(Central Backup) This net work would have to support about 250
clients. I currently have NT Sever 4.0 running on a Pentium 166 with 32 meg.
All clients are running either NT, WIN95, or Workgroups with Client Access. Can
I run the "File System" connect from the server? How do you handle no
availability of the AS400? Would Net Stations fit into this setup? The idea is
to stop loading Office on the individual PC's and then consequently end up with
different versions of the software.

Lots of questions! Where do I start? What are the Pros & Cons and Pit Falls

Thanks In  Advance

MARYWOOD UNIVERSITY
Michael P. Gibbons
Manager of MIS Programming/Technical Services
2300 Adams Ave.
Scranton, PA  18509-1598
Tel: (717) 348-6221     Fax: (717) 961-4736
BMIS04@AC.MARYWOOD.EDU
HHTP://WWW.MARYWOOD.EDU