  • Subject: Re: BOF COMMON Monday Night at CUDS
  • From: Pete Massiello <PMassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 07:43:25 -0400

DAsmussen@aol.com wrote:

> Pete,

> > Don and I have been discussing the idea of a BOF at COMMON. While having
> >  an actual BOF does take some planning and coordinating, so it seems that
> >  a better idea is an informal BOF at CUDS on Monday night.   The plan is
> >  to meet at CUDS (if there are two CUDS, it will be the one serving
> >  drinks -> which doesn't mean you have to drink if you are in the room)
> >  between 7:00 and 8:00 on Monday night.  If someone can volunteer to
> >  bring a sign to the room that would be great, otherwise look for people
> >  wearing their MIDRANGE-L buttons (That is a Black button with white
> >  letters).  You can pick up a button prior to the BOF in the COMMON Expo
> >  booth 129 (ask for Pete).
> <<snip>>
>
> Now, Pete.  It's not like posting the BOF is THAT hard, unless you face the
> dilemma of "which night do we NOT want to go to Dick's Last Resort" :-).  I
> like getting togeter at CUDS, but the BOF allows NEW people to become
> familiar with MIDRANGE-L...
>
> IMHO,
>
> Dean Asmussen
> Enterprise Systems Consulting, Inc.
> Fuquay-Varina, NC  USA
> E-Mail:  DAsmussen@AOL.COM

Dean,

  I will do it, your right its not that hard.  Its just that I am
leaving for COMMON tomorrow, as we have a lot to set up at the booth.
Everyone in the office is running at 200 MPH, we have been shipping
stuff and packing things up for what seems like the last 2 weeks.  We
have already sent over 1 ton of "Stuff" to the COMMON warehouse in San
Antonio.  One more sign, will not kill me....or will it be the straw
that broke the camels back??

   THis will allow the new people to identify with us.  Although, the
sign just might allow people to notice us from across the room and allow
them to keep their distance.  Looking forward to meeting a lot of people
from the list.  It was really great last time.

--
Pete Massiello
OS Solutions International