  • Subject: Client access for Windows 95 and ODBC
  • From: peteh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Pete Hall)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 21:49:40 -0500

In message <01BCBE49.F0117FE0@axp106.kr.perftec h.si>, From Jure
Erznoznik <jure.erznoznik@alpina.si>, the following was written:
> When I try to use ODBC driver form Microsoft Query in Windows 95
> (CA/400 for Windows 95, V312) , I always get CBWYS100 error, as it
> something is wrong with security (User ID and password). I checked
> everything, I have no ideas more. Can anybody help ??
>
> Jure

Jure,

Is this 16 bit query or 32? I'm having a slightly different but similar
problem using the 16 bit EHN thunking layer, but I'm running anynet. If
Vern's suggestion doesn't do the trick for you, here's a couple of extra
things to consider. Are you current with your fixpacks and PTFs? There
was a new fixpack for V3R1M2 less than a month ago. It and a couple of
PTFs that weren't on the latest CUM (V3R1M0) addressed similar problems.
Check the PSP if you haven't done so lately. The last fixpack didn't
cause any problems for us. Outside of a few tolerable quirks with
shutdown and the 16 bit ODBC problem, CA95 is running fine. IBM is
working on the ODBC thing.

Pete

--
 - Pete Hall peteh@earth.inwave.com