Hi, Carl:

The AS/400 also uses a 64-bit clock, but the frequency of update is,
if memory serves correctly, once per 40 microseconds, or 25,000 times
per second.

FWIW.  :^)

I haven't seen the feature, though, where the clock can be manipulated
as you describe.  Interesting.  But how does that help with Y2K
testing?  Wouldn't you just set the date, and be done with it?

Thanks.

  (The following signature looks right only with a fixed-pitch font)
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
*      _                                                      _       *
*     / )                                                    ( \      *
*  _ / /                  Dennis Lovelady                     \ \ _   *
* ( ( ()    _      Unix / AIX System Administrator       _    () ) )  *
*\         /            Dennis@Lovelady.com               \         / *
* \       /          Dennis.Lovelady@KEMET.com             \       /  *
   [[[|]]]               Simpsonville, SC.                  [[[|]]](  *

Carl Friedberg* carl@comets.com <FRIEDBERG on 09/10/97 05:27:03 PM