  • Subject: Re: SQL Field Selection
  • From: Neil Palmer <NPalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:56:46 -0400

Dave Mahadevan wrote:

> Neil Palmer wrote:
>
> > Dave Mahadevan wrote:
> >

> > > Talking about the two stroke thing, I cant seem to be able to pick
> > > more than one
> > > field on the fields display on interactive SQL (STRSQL).
> >
> > PTF SF38007 (V3R2M0) fixes this.  Available 1997/02/11 - but for
> some
> > strange reason it hasn't been placed on a cum PTF package yet (not
> even
> > the latest C7231320).  Actually, SF38007 has been superseded by
> SF42820
> > (available 1997/08/18).
> >
> >   CIRCUMVENTION:
> >   To reset an ISQL session so that the selection of more than one
> >   column name is allowed again, do the following:
> >
> >     - STRSQL <Enter>
> >     - CREATE TABLE <F4>
> >     - Type in a table name and define 1 column.
> >     - Press <F4> to prompt on the column just defined.
> >     - Change Column CONSTRAINT to "Y" and press <Enter>.
> >     - Press <Enter> to add a constraint.
> >     - Change the Type to 3 (FOREIGN KEY) and press <Enter>.
> >     - Type in an existing file name for the REFERENCES File and
> >       press <F4> from the REFERENCES Column field.
> >     - Exit from the CREATE TABLE prompt <F3>.
> >

> Neil:
>
> Thanks, the circumvention worked (no idea why it does).  I will try to
> get the
> SF42820.  BTW I am curious, how did you get this info?  Does the IBM
> service site
> allow for detail search on the APARs? (Probably you need a support
> line
> contract?)  Folks, can we name Neil as the PTF Guru?

SF42820 can be downloaded via ECS and applied immediately.

Actually, finding this was easy - and you don't need a support line
contract.  Just download SF97320 (or whatever release you are running)
on a frequent basis (or when you need to search), and the
DSPPFM QAPZCOVER QSF97320
and do a search on SQL3618.  Voila, there's PTF SF38007.

--
... Neil Palmer                                      AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology -Canada       ____________          ___  ~