  • Subject: Re: Lotus notes install on IPCS
  • From: bill gravelle <billgravelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 18:17:53 -0600

Art,

Lots of PTFs and lots of time required to manage them - WOW!  The good news
is that things should go smoother from here and you shouldn't have to worry
about the SRVIFS/SRVATTCH issues ...

As for the administration diskettes download problem, again I was unaware
because I downloaded mine shortly after they were posted to the web site
... I'm afraid that the recent "upgrade" might have caused more trouble
than it was worth (although it sure looks nice, eh?) ... One purpose for
those diskettes is for the SRVIFS/SRVATTCH stuff so that won't be a problem
for you; but another purpose is for the database integration when using the
Enhanced Pak ... If you've installed the Basic Pak, then you have NO need
for the database integration stuff; however, if you've installed the
Enhanced Pak (that includes the Data Propagator tool), then you will need
the stuff on that diskette ... You should have a version of that diskette
that was delivered with your original software order, if not then I'm sure
that you can call the IBM 800# and have them ship you the software ...

Continued good luck, *bg

PS - I'm following up on the automatic PTF program problem with some folks
in Rochester - no news yet ...

At 07:34 AM 9/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Bill:
>
>I've used the brute force method.  It took almost 5 hours to download
>all of the PTF's!
>
>Another problem with the web page, you can't download the enhanced
>install diskettes.  Every link returns a message, file not found.
>
>My coworker feels that I will not need a diskette at all, so I am just
>getting onto the web to read the new manuals.
>
>Thanks again for your help.
>
>Art Tostaine, Jr.
>Creative Computer Associates, Inc.

bill gravelle, comsign ltd