  • Subject: Re: Automated Testing Tools
  • From: Neil Palmer <NPalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 1997 15:12:36 -0400

How about this ?

IBM Announcement Letters (Canada) - Document A97-0758

IBM WITT Year2000 for Windows Version 1.0 Improves Year 2000 Project
Testing Productivity

Software Announcement
June 24, 1997
Announcement Letter Number: A97-0758

At a Glance

WITT Year2000 for Windows is an IBM application development tool to
support testing. Features include:

    Improved productivity of Year 2000 projects

    Support of Host applications through 3270/5250 in addition to
Windows applications written with C/C++

    Automatic record and playback of user's operation

    Powerful script editing features for complex testing

Overview

IBM Workstation Interactive Test Tool (WITT) Year2000 for Windows (R)
Version 1.0 offers you powerful tools that make application
test activities more productive.

WITT Year2000 can improve productivity of Year 2000 projects most
effectively; however, you can use this tool in any type of testing
projects.

WITT Year2000 provides the following test tool:

Auto Test Performer

The automation of tests has been one of the critical requirements from
the viewpoint of optimization of human resources in test activities.
Auto
Test Performer of WITT Year2000 can emulate a user's operation through
user interfaces of application programs and execute a recorded
test scenario automatically.

With "Recorder" of the Auto Test Performer, user operations by keyboard
are recorded in a "script" file, which "Player" replays
automatically. You can capture the image of a screen and compare
expected and actual images. You can put the scripts in a batch file and
perform unattended test execution.

Auto Test Performer can improve the following test activities for
applications written with C/C++:

    Regression Test
    Long-run Test
    Compatibility Test
    Stress Test

Auto Test Performer also offers record, playback and comparison
capability for S/390 (R) or AS/400 (R) applications developed with
COBOL, PL/I or other languages through 3270 or 5250 screens on Windows
95/NT.

Note: WITT Year2000 for Windows is not compatible with WITT Year2000 for
OS/2 (R) Version 3.0, WITT Version 2.x or WITT for
Windows Version 1.0.

Intended Customers

    Customers whose applications must be changed and tested for Year
2000

    Customers who develop Windows 95/NT applications with C/C++

Key Prerequisites

    Windows 95
    Windows NT (TM) Version 4

If testing of host applications is required, one of the following:

    Personal Communications AS/400 and 3270 Version 4.11 for
DOS/Windows, Windows 95, Windows NT and OS/2

    Personal Communications AS/400 Version 4.11 for Windows, Windows 95,
Windows NT and OS/2

Planned Availability Date

August 5, 1997

This announcement is provided for your information only. For additional
information, contact your IBM representative.

--
... Neil Palmer                                      AS/400~~~~~
... NxTrend Technology -Canada       ____________          ___  ~