  • Subject: Re: Display jobs according to job q
  • From: Pete Massiello <PMassiello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 13:07:45 -0400

Pete Massiello wrote:

> Vern Hamberg wrote:
> >
> > At 08:14 AM 9/2/97 -0400, Pete wrote:
> >
> > >There is a command that will tell you, its a plain and simple OS/400, no
> > >programming required. I was at home when I gave my first answer about
> > >using the assistence level of *BASIC, and I couldnt remember exactly
> > >which command it was. I check this out this morning, and while it does
> > >take a little longer to display on the screen, the information is worth
> > >the wait.
> > >
> > >   WRKUSRJOB USER(*ALL) JOBTYPE(*BATCH) ASTLVL(*BASIC).
> >
> > Hi, Pete,
> >
> > Hmmmm, verrrrrrry eenterrrrrresting!  :-)
> >
> > I just tried you idea. It gives me part of what I really want (so what else
> > is new?). Personally, I tend to dislike intensely _any_ of the *BASIC
> > displays. Maybe what I really dislike is that, so often, the *BASIC &
> > *INTERMEDIATE, esp., seem almost to have no relationship to each other.
> > E.g., in this case, the *INTERMEDIATE version has absolutely _NOTHING_
> > about job queues in its layout.
> >
> > But thanks for the info. I'll definitely pass it on around here. Still, for
> > more of the info I want to see in one place, the WRKSBSJOBQ utility is my
> > favorite.
> >
> > Happy days,
> >
> > Vernon Hamberg
> > Systems Software Programmer
> > Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
> > 400 Second Avenue South
> > Minneapolis, MN 55401
> > (612) 371-1111 x480

    You have a really good point about the *BASIC & *IMMED assistance
 level.  This command is an excellent example of requiring an additiona
 parm, that says "List by JOBQ" *YES or *NO.  I realize the reasons you
 want to have different assistance levels for different users, but the
command should display the same info between *basic & *Immed, just how
it is presented to the users for simplicity should change.

--
Pete Massiello
OS Solutions International