  • Subject: Re: CAWIN 95 Network Drive Mappings Problem
  • From: Jim Welsh <jimwelsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 10:16:33 -0400

Fred W. Skinner wrote:

>         John,
>
>         APAR  II10243 dated 04/03/97 might have the answer you looking
> for. In summary,
> This APAR says that if your PC is running WIN95 OSR2 (that's version
> 4.0.950B under the properties of "My Computer"),you will not be able
> to run Network drives. IBM is working on a PTF. You can get the full
> text of this APAR from the IBM Supportline home page.

John, we now have the same problem with mapping network drives ( OSR2
with new Compaqs).

I found this APAR about it...APAR= II10243CLIENT ACCESS SUPPORT ON
MICROSOFT WINDOWS 95 OSR2

** Last updated 6/18/97 **

Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2) is an OEM
Service Release of Windows 95.  Currently, there is no retail
version of Windows 95 OSR2 available.  It is available from
some PC Manufacturers who preload it on the new PCs they
sell to the public.

An OSR2 Version of Windows 95 can be identified by checking
the properties of "My Computer" for 4.0.950B or checking for
the version 4.0.1111 at a MS-DOS prompt.

³ There have been two problems found with Client Access and
³ OSR2 involving the netdrive function.  A fix is available
³ to resolve the problem (APAR SA61653).
Other than Network Drives, there are not any other known
problems with Client Access functions running on OSR2.

Customers experiencing problems with Client Access on OSR2
may wish to contact their PC Manufacturer for possible OSR2
fixes or to file an OSR2 problem report.  If the problem
persists, you may wish to report the problem to IBM Service.
IBM Service may require the following:

        1.  Your PC came preloaded with OSR2 from your
            PC Manufacturer.
        2.  Your PC Manufacturer supports OSR2.
        3.  You contacted your PC Manufacturer for any
            possible OSR2 fixes that are available.

You may also be asked by IBM Service to provide your make,
model, and serial number of your PC, along with additional
information pertaining to the purchase and support of your
Windows 95 OSR2 license.

Since each PC Manufacturer may modify Windows 95 OSR2 for
their particular systems, IBM may not support your
combination of operating system and hardware.  IBM will
accept a service call, though, if the above criteria is
met.  If your environment has not been tested by IBM, you
may request that it be added to IBM's test scenarios.

Some other sources of information on OSR2 support and
problems can be found from:

  - Microsoft Support:  www.microsoft.com/support
      Search on OSR2 for problem reports and downloads.

  - TechWeb:  www.techweb.com
      Search on OSR2 for articles discussing problems.

  - Novell:  www.novell.com
      If you are running Novell Client 32 with Client
      Access, search on OSR2 for problems with Novell
      Client 32 and ODI on OSR2.

Add'l keywords for search : OEM2 Windows 95B 4.00.950B

---
Jim Welsh
Programmer/Analyst
B&B Cash Grocery Stores, Inc.